If you happen to be one of the lucky ones still napping, eating and jollying on Christmas day 2, this might be the perfect day to test out this new recipe that you could include in your New Year’s brunch or dinner.
Spicy Chicken Drumsticks is one Indian chicken appetizer that everybody from a 5-year-old to a Grandpa absolutely loves to order at a restaurant. This has been one of my favorites since I was a kid too. So, since the time I moved to Amsterdam, I have been dying to try this recipe for myself. It took me about 3 attempts to get this recipe right. The Chicken Drumsticks are great for gorgeous gatherings and delicious dinner parties. Last night, at our first Christmas dinner that we hosted for our friends, I decided to make these as appetizers and it’s safe to say they went down a total storm!
There are some important questions to tackle when you grill chicken in an oven:
I am sharing my DIY recipe here and can guarantee if you like this, I will do more recipe blog posts too.
You will need:
500 gm skinless chicken legs (8 leg pieces)
2 Tablespoon Oil Salt to taste
1/2 cup Curd
1/2 tablespoon Chilly powder
1 tablespoon Garam Masala powder
1/2 Tablespoon Coriander powder
1/2 Tablespoon Indian Chat Masala Powder
1 tablespoon Tandoori Masala powder
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
2 Teaspoons Paprika powder
Juice of 1 lemon
- Gather all the ingredients for marination.
- Preheat oven to 180C for 10 minutes.
- Mix marination ingredients together with salt and marinate your chicken well and leave it for at least 3 hours.
- Line a grill tray with aluminum foil.
- Place your drumsticks on them or thread the chicken on skewers along with pepper and red onion.
- Grill for 45 minutes in 200C and then turn them a little and drizzle some oil with a brush on the surface of the chicken.
- Grill for further at 200 C for 25-30 more minutes until the chicken looks smoky on the outside. You know they are ready when they look red and smoky on the outside and are tender when you poke it with a fork.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve the drumsticks with mint sauce or hummus.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over the chicken before you dig in.